To keep your heat pump unit in top condition for a long time, it’s essential to have it serviced regularly. Lite Energy offers heat pump servicing across the Wellington region, heading off any issues before they arise. As well as maintaining the longevity of your heat pump, regular servicing ensures that it retains its efficiency, which in turn keeps running costs low.
Heat Pump Servicing
Regular servicing keeps heat pumps in good shape.
Our Heat Pump Servicing includes:
- Cleaning of filters and general checking of the indoor unit.
- Checking all components are undamaged.
- Clearing of any vegetation around the outdoor unit as this may restrict airflow.
- Cleaning of the compressor fins to eliminate build-up which can reduce the efficiency of the unit.
- Checking for any electrical damage to the connections in both the indoor and outdoor units—this could be faults or overloading of the cables. Cleaning of the terminals on the outdoor unit if dirt or dust is trapped.
- Ensuring there is enough refrigerant in the gas lines, using an electronic pressure tester. If it’s low, checking for leaks—and in the absence of leaks, adding more refrigerant for optimum performance. A leaking unit will require either repairs at the connection points for the gas and liquid lines, or being sent away for fixing if the repair is in the unit itself.
- Final testing of the unit for overall operation and to ensure that all modes work.
- Answering of any questions from the client.
Don’t just install your heat pump and forget about it—ask the Lite Energy team about regular heat pump servicing to keep it in top condition for many years to come.