Skip to main content
LED lighting cuts down power bills, is more eco-friendly, and lasts years longer than standard bulbs. Let Lite Energy help you make the switch to LED.
LED lighting technology is one of the best modern advances in the lighting sector, and one that has many uses throughout the home. LED lights offer huge benefits in terms of practicality, but can also help you to reduce not just your carbon footprint, but your energy bill.
The challenge is that most homes still use old incandescent light bulbs (the standard light bulbs), although some have moved onto CFL (compact fluorescent lamps), which are the newer, energy-efficient light bulbs.
Why make the switch to LED lighting?
There are numerous reasons to switch to LED lighting, and few not to.
- Greater energy efficiency: LED lights use roughly 80% less energy than standard bulbs
- Lower power bills: Lower energy use means lower power bills
- More eco-friendly: Lower energy use is also kinder to the environment
- Longer life: LED lights last for approximately 25,000 hours (that’s almost three years of constant use) compared with 1,000 hours for a standard bulb
- More durable: LED lighting doesn’t use filaments or glass, so are less vulnerable to typical lightbulb breakages
- Safer: As LED bulbs don’t emit heat, they are much safer to the touch than hot standard bulbs
- Faster: LED lights switch on and off immediately every time, without the need to warm up
- More versatile: Due to no heat output and fast switching, LEDs are suitable for countless uses all over the home
It’s easy to see why so many people are making the changes and installing LED lighting. The biggest objection for most people is the cost of the initial purchase, however, it is estimated that LED bulbs typically pay themselves off in just 18 months.
After that, the savings from your power bill and from not regularly replacing new bulbs get to stay in your pocket.
Install LED lighting in Wellington
Lite Energy loves LED lighting for its ability to save power and make a positive impact on the environment, all while offering home owners lower bills and ample illumination.
If you’re looking for an electrician in Wellington and are ready to make the switch to LED lighting and watch your power bills drop, get in touch with the team at Lite Energy.
error: Content is protected !!